Brahmavihara-Arama Meditation Center, Desa Banjar-Singaraja
4.00 ——— Bel Bangun Pagi (wake up bell)
4.15-4.45 Meditasi Jalan (walking meditation)
4.45 Bel Meditasi Bersama (Bell for gathering in stupa hall-all yogis)
5.00-6.00 Meditasi duduk &chanting pagi (Sitting meditation & morning chanting)
6.00 Bel makan pagi (Breakfast bell)
6.15-7.15 Makan pagi (Breakfast)
7.15-8.00 Meditasi jalan/mandi (Walking meditation/taking bath)
8.00-9.00 Meditasi duduk (Sitting meditation)
9.00-10.00 Meditasi jalan (Walking meditation)
10.00-10.45 Meditasi duduk (Sitting meditation)
10.45 ——— Bel makan siang ( Lunch bell)
11.00-12.00 Makan siang (Lunch together)
12.00-13.00 Meditasi jalan (Walking meditation)
13.00-14.00 Meditasi duduk (Sitting meditation)
14.00-15.00 Meditasi jalan (Walking meditation)
15.00-16.00 Meditasi duduk (Sitting meditation)
16.00-17.00 Meditasi jalan (Walking meditation)
17.00-17.30 Minum teh (Tea time at the dining place)
17.30-18.00 Meditasi jalan (Walking meditation)
18.00-19.15 Meditasi duduk (Sitting meditation)
19.30-21.00 Dhammatalk (kalau ada/if any).
21.00-21.30 Metta chanting in stupa hall.
21.30 ——— Bel tidur (Good night bell).
- Bel dibunyikan lima belas menit mendahului suatu kegiatan untuk member kesempatan kepada semua yogi untuk dapat berjalan dengan pelan ke tempat yang dituju. (Bel strikes fifteen minutes before certain activity takes place to enable all yogis to walk slowly to the assigned place.)
- Semua yogi harus menyelesaikan makan mereka dala jangka waktu satu jam. Untuk itu datanglah ke tempat makan pada waktunya. All yogis must finish their breakfast or lunch during one hour meal time. Thereofre please arrive at the dining place in time.
- Dalam latihan meditasi ini tidak ada tidur siang, bilamana anda sakit laporkan kepada Dhamma volunteer. In this meditation practice no sleep during day time, in case you are sick, please report to the Dhamma volunteer.
- Menghadiri Dhammatalk adalah keharusan bagi semua perserta. (All yogis must attend the Dhammatalk).
- Interview adalah sebagai ganti Dhammatalk, jadwalnya ditentukan oleh guru. Datanglah lebi awal di depan tempat guru dan praktekkan meditasi jalan sambil menungu giliran anda. (Interview is alternative to Dhammatalk, and the schedule will be determined by the teacher. Please arrive earlier in front of teacher’s place for interview and practice walking meditation while waiting for your turn).
- Jadwal ini adalah jadwal untuk retreat meditasi intensif (This schedule is for Intensive Meditation Retreat).
- Gunakan waktu anda sebaik-baiknya dalam retreat ini (Make the best use of your time in this retreat).
Please read this Code of Conduct and Discipline for participants carefully to the end before registration
- This meditation practice necessitates morality as foundation to support concentration and bare attention (sati); therefore, participant is to observe the eight precepts (atthangasila) or the nine precepts (navangasila)as discipline. These precepts will be explained by instructor or teacher at the opening session.
- This meditation technique is not a relaxation exercise. Participant should prepare him/herself in such away in order to be able to practice the meditation seriously. As participant, you must make a solemn decision to follow this ten-days meditation until end of the course.
- In order to gain proper results in this meditation practice, you are required to surrender your self to the meditation technique (only during the meditation course); therefore, you are not allowed :
– To practice other meditation technique during these ten days meditation.
– To practice sports or exercises such as, Yoga, Taichi, Jogging,, etc.
- To maintain and sustain your concentration and bare attention (sati), you must also avoid reading and writing since these activities will disturb your awareness.
- Along this meditation course you must avoid performing any rituals, offerings, other techniques such as beads counting, chanting mantras, chanting parittas, and activities such as singing, dancing, etc. You must have confidence in teacher as well as in this meditation technique.
- Do not go out of Brahmavihara arama area.
- To talk or discuss about your meditation practice only with teacher or assistant teacher. You must not discuss your meditation practice with dhamma worker (servant of the dhamma).
- Keep the noble silence, from day one to day ten. Do not speak to or make any gesture to other participants or visitors of the temple. Keeping the noble silence will help you in maintaining balance and focus of your mind.
- All participants must wake up early in the morning at 4.00 a.m when the wake up bell strikes and you may retire to your room to sleep at 22.00 p.m.
- Should you have any complaint or urgent inquiry, you should report to dhamma worker.
- Avoid any physical contact with other meditator or dhamma worker of either sex, when your are walking ,passing in any place.
- No smoking. Avoid any smoking during this training, including in your residence (sleeping room), in the bathroom or in any other remote places.
In the meditation room
- Female participants will occupy upper Dhammasala and its surrounding, and male participants will occupy the stupa and its surrounding.
- In the meditation room, participant is not allowed to use any alarm.
- Sitting cushion is provided for sitting meditation.
- Dhamma-talk will take place in upper Dhammasala. Dhamma-talk starts at 19.00 p.m.
- Schedule for dhamma-talk as arranged by the teacher is announced on announcement board.
- All participants will enter the hall before the teacher arrives, as the bell strikes.
- On entering the hall, female participants will go through left entrance and male participants will go through right entrance.
- Female participants will sit on the left side and male participants will sit on the right side in the hall.
- At each dhamma-talk, meditators will renew their precepts, therefore, provide your self with text of the precepts.
- Schedule will be arranged by the teacher ( see the announcement board).
- Place for interview, at the front of teacher’s residence.
- Names of yogis for interview , please see the announcement board.
- Participant who needs additional interview is to report to the organizer.
- In interview, just describe your experience in meditation in brief, do not relate your personal stories. The time given is 10 minutes.
- To wait your turn for interview, approach teacher’s place in ten minutes. Keep meditating by walking or just sit calmly to wait.
- Pay your respect to the teacher by prostrating one time, at the start and after the interview.
In the Dining Place.
- Participant is not allowed to order directly any meals or drinks to the kitchen. Yogi has to accept whatever meals served by the center as part of his/her training. Should you have any health problem which requires special meals, please report to the dhamma worker., who will discuss further with the teacher.
- Bell for morning meal will strikes at 5.45 a.m,’ take your meal at 6.00 to 7.00. Bell. Lunch time bell at 10.45 a.m, take your meal at 11.00 to 12.00. In case you fail to take your meals between those times, meals or drinks are not provided out of the schedule.
- Meals are served as buffet.
In your residence.
- In your residence keep the noble silence, do not speak or chatter with your roommate.
- Keep your place clean, do not litter or spilt around.
- Avoid smoking even in the remote place of your residence.
- You are not allowed to store foods or drinks in your bed room.
Obeying the eight or nine precepts is a must, especially for those retreats with Buddhist Monk (Bhikkhu) as teacher.
You can download this form and email to [email protected]
Download VIPASSANA REGISTRATION FORM
Finding your way to Brahmavihara-Arama, Bali
Village Banjar Tegeha
Banjar, Buleleng – Bali, Indonesia
8°12′ Lat 114°58′ Long; 125 meters above sea level
TO REACH THE LOCATION USING PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
- At Denpasar: (one hour)
From Ngurah Rai Airport to Bus Terminal Ubung: by taxi
- From Denpasar to Singaraja: (80 km/2-3 hours)
Terminal Ubung to Terminal Sangket: by minibus
- At Singaraja: (30 minutes)
Terminal Sangket to Terminal Banyuasri: by bemo
- From Singaraja to crossroads of Dencarik: (14 km)
Terminal Banyuasri to crossroads Dencarik Village: by minibus/bus
(get off the bus at the crossroads)
- From crossroads Dencarik to Brahmavihara-arama: (3 km) by ojeg
Using Google Maps:
As an aid, you could visually observe the Google Maps passage
from Denpasar (or your location)
to Brahma Vihara Arama, Gang Sahadewa, Banjar Tegeha, Banjar, Buleleng Regency, Bali 81152